Buy unsulfured We-Mei powder here! Also known as black plum, the Chinese herbal compound Wu Mei powder (Prunus Mumefruit) promotes health in the following ways:
- Blood Pressure Regulator;
- Boosts immune function;
- Promotes Red Blood Cell Formation;
- Prevents Colon Cancer, Oral Cancers, and Lung Cancers;
- Lowers Blood Sugar;
- Soothes sore throats;
- Acts as an expectorant; gets rid of phlegm and mucus;
- Heals asthma and other lung problems;
- Good for treating skin problems like eczema and psoriasis;
- Antioxidant properties;
- Good weight loss tonic;
- Helps with insomnia,
- Promotes healthy Digestion,
- Helps alleviate diabetes symptoms; lowers blood sugar;
- Prevents osteoporosis by building strong bones;
- Helps prevent macular degeneration and other eye diseases such as cataracts.
|Other Name||Mume Pill, Wu Mei Wan|
|Standard Dosage||3 grams, 3 x day or 4-5 grams 2 x day|
|Ingredients (Pin Yin)||Wu mei, Gan jiang, Huang lian, Huang bai, Ren shen, Dang gui, Zhi Fu zi, Gui zhi, He shi, Chuan hua jiao, Fei zi, Tu chen xiang, Chuan lian zi, Wu zhu yu|
|Ingredients||Prunus mume fruit, Zingiber officinale rhizome, Coptis chinensis rhizome, Phellodendron chinense bark, Panax ginseng root, Angelica sinensis root, Aconitum carmichaelii root-prep., Cinnamomum cassia twig, Daucus carota fruit, Zanthoxylum bungeanum peel, Torreya grandis seed, Aquilaria sinensis wood, Melia toosendan fruit, Evodia rutaecarpa fruit|
More About Wu Mei Powder
The black plum which produces Wu-Mei powder is a small, fleshy fruit native to Japan and China. It grows on tall trees that bloom in the spring, with scented flowers. In China, black plums are grown primarily in the Zhejiand, Fujian and Yunnan provinces. The plums are harvested while the fruit has yet to ripen. They are baked at a low temperature until the skin of the fruit turns black; at that point the plum stone, or seed, is removed, and the fruit is stored in a sealed container for later use.
In traditional Chinese medicine, black plum has sour and neutral properties, and is associated with the Spleen, Lung and Large Intestine meridians. Its main functions are to stop prolonged, phlegmy coughs, restrain the intestines, and promote the production of body fluids. Black plum is high in citric acid, an important substance that the body uses for energy and to fight fatigue. In vitro experiments conducted in China show that black plum extracts and decoctions can fight the production of several types of bacteria, including meningococcus, typhoid bacillus, and bacillus anthracis. Other experiments have shown that black plum can stimulate the immune system and promote digestion. It can be decocted or taken with other herbs to treat different conditions.
How much black plum should I take?
The typical dose of black plum ranges from 3 to 10 grams, depending on the condition being treated. Lower doses are given if black plum extracts are being used; larger doses can be used if it is being applied externally. Typically, the fruit is mashed or charred, then ground down into a powder.
What forms of black plum are available?
Whole black plums can be found at many herbal shops and Asian markets. Some stores — like Living Technologies — also sell concentrated black plum extracts or powders.
What can happen if I take too much black plum or wu mei powder? Are there any interactions I should be aware of?
Black plum should not be taken by patients who are diagnosed with exterior syndrome, or who have an accumulation of excessive heat internally. In addition, any plum that is very bitter should not be consumed due to the fact that it may have significant amounts of hydrogen cyanide. In small quantities, hydrogen cyanide can stimulate respiration and improve digestion, but extremely large amounts can cause respiratory failure. As of this writing, there are no known drug interactions with black plum. As always, make sure to speak with a licensed health care provider before taking black plum or any other herbal remedy or dietary supplement.
A Truly Miraculous Chinese Herbal Compound
In Traditional Chinese Medicine Wu Mei powder is used to soothe sore throats and as an expectorant for getting rid of phlegm and mucus. In Japan, Wu Mei powder is brewed into an alcoholic beverage which is great, as it heals asthma and other lung problems.
Wu Mei powder (Prunus Mumefruit) is also good for treating skin problems such as eczema and psoriasis.
This amazing, healing Chinese herb also:
- Prevents Colon Cancer – Wu Mei fruit powder contains a large amount of pectin which is great for gathering together toxins and removing them from the body. Also, pectin is a good fiber that helps to create a wonderful environment for the growth of probiotic bacteria. In this way, it helps to boost our immune system and prevent disease.
- Lowers Blood Sugar – Wu Mei powder helps the pancreas to create more insulin thus helping those who suffer from diabetes by lowering blood sugar. Powder made into a tea is also good for lowering blood sugar.
- Helps with Digestion – Dried Wu Mei fruit makes a nice tea that improves digestion… very tasty.
- Prevents Other Cancers – Wu Mei also contain agents which help to protect against oral cancers and lung cancers.
- Contains Antioxidants– Wu Mei is full of great antioxidants, so helps to prevent and repair DNA damage and thus help to prevent disease.
- Regulates Blood Pressure – Wu Mei is a good source of potassium which is important for blood pressure regulation, heart contractions, and water regulation.
- Lowers Cholesterol – Wu Mei contains pectin which helps to prevent fats from being absorbed, and thus lowers cholesterol.
- Promotes Weight Loss – Because Wu Mei contains lots of pectins, they also give a person a feeling of being full and thus help with weight loss.
- Is a Cure for Insomnia – Drinking 1 Tbs powder in 8 to 12 oz of hot water and making a tea out of Wu Mei fruit powder just before bedtime can create a relaxed feeling which allows one to rest easy at night, and that relaxed feeling can last up to 24 hours… and it also helps with stress.
- Promotes Red Blood Cell Formation – Wu Mei contains Vitamin C, Vitamin A,Vitamin B complex, iron, copper, magnesium, and manganese which are all important for red blood cell formation.
- Helps as an Anti-inflammatory – Wu Mei fruits contain anti-inflammatory properties, and thus helps with swelling, redness, and pain.
- Creates Strong Bones – Wu Mei powder helps prevent osteoporosis by building strong bones.
- Improves Eye Health – Wu Mei contains lots of Vitamin A which helps to prevent macular degeneration and other eye diseases such as cataracts.
- Is a Good Antiviral Agent – Wu Mei powder contains 2-alpha-hydoxyursolic acid which has been shown to have a mild capacity to prevent and heal certain types of viral diseases such as HIV.
- Is Just an All-Around SuperFood – Wu Mei is fat-free, cholesterol free, and sodium free food, which is important for great health.
Disclaimer: The information contained in this article as well as the entire website is intended for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for advice, diagnosis or treatment by a licensed physician. It is not meant to cover all possible precautions, drug interactions, circumstances or possible adverse effects. You should seek prompt medical care for any serious health issues and consult your primary care physician before using alternative medicine or making a change to your regimen.
Other Features of Wu Mei Powder
Where Wu Mei Grows – Wu Mei grows in China, Japan, Indonesia, Chile, Australia, Afghanistan, India, Iraq, Kenya, South Africa, New Zealand, Israel, Brazil, Tonga, South America, Central America, Mexico, Europe, and also in the US in California, Florida, Louisiana, Texas, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and other warmer states. The tree is small — from 6 to 12 feet tall, but smaller 5 or 6 feet trees are more common. And they are easy to grow but need warmth to mature the fruit… and the fruits contain from 1 to 3 seeds inside.
No Side Effects – There are no real side effects to eating this fruit and leaf powder. Unless you eat way too much of it… it might give you diarrhea. But as always those who are pregnant or nursing, or small children should not take Wu Mei powder.
With this amazing Chinese herbal compound in your arsenal of health-inducing herbal supplements, you can enjoy Great-Tasting Wu Mei powder (Prunus Mumefruit) aka Wu Mei Fruit Powder extract and ensure you live a vibrant, healthy life!
There are no reviews yet.